Ball Person Assistant
Ball person assistant will work with the Ball Person Coordinator during the tournament to ensure all ball people are in the proper location for each match. The assistant will man the ball person check-in area and direct ball people as they arrive. This volunteer position will also help in setting- up, maintaining, and breaking down meal/snack area for the ball people.
- Man ball person check-in table to handle volunteer check-in/check out
- Set-up, maintain, and clean-up ball person food area as needed
- Assist Ball Person Coordinator with other tasks as needed
- Outgoing, courteous, and assertive personality with the ability to interact with children and adult volunteers.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
Event staff will explain specific details of volunteer position upon arrival and show location ball person check in and food area. Short informative meetings regarding Knoxville Challenger volunteer positions will take place Friday, November 4 and Sunday, November 6, lasting about 30 minutes. Volunteers have a choice of which session they would like to attend. The meetings will include a brief tour of the facility, distributing volunteer shirts, and meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
Event schedules and tasks vary based on event needs. While volunteers may sign up for a specific task, event staff reserve the right to reassign volunteer positions to fill event gaps.