Sponsor Lot Attendant
Sponsor lot attendants will be responsible for ensuring only event sponsors park in the designated parking area during their scheduled shift. Attendants will stop vehicles upon entry to the lot and confirm their name/organization is on the approved list of vehicles authorized to park in the designated area. Volunteers who sign up for this position will be able to park their vehicle in the lot and are encouraged to bring materials (homework, magazine, etc.) to occupy their time when not assisting sponsors.
- Check-in/check-out Knoxville Challenger sponsors in a designated parking lot
- Outgoing and courteous personality with the ability to interact with sponsors as they arrive to park and wait on a shuttle for pickup to the tennis center.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be comfortable manning a parking lot on University of Tennessee campus
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Volunteers are able to sit in their vehicle or a chair stationed in the designated lot. Should dress for the weather and be comfortable working alone.
Event staff will explain the check-in/check-out process for this position upon arrival. Sponsor lot attendant volunteers will be given a list of sponsors who are eligible to park in the parking area. Short informative meetings regarding Knoxville Challenger volunteer positions will take place Friday, November 4 and Sunday, November 6, lasting about 30 minutes. Volunteers have a choice of which session they would like to attend. The meetings will include a brief tour of the facility, distributing volunteer shirts, and meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
Event schedules and tasks vary based on event needs. While volunteers may sign up for a specific task, event staff reserve the right to reassign volunteer positions to fill event gaps.