Shuttle drivers will be responsible for driving appointed event SUVs to transport sponsors, volunteers and attendees from designated parking lots to the Goodfriend Tennis Center on the University of Tennessee campus. Drivers will also need to be able to drive shuttles to pick up lunch and or refuel as needed/requested. The shuttle position is one of the most vital for Knoxville Challenger. Please ensure you are able to attend the assigned shift for its entirety if you sign up to volunteer.
- Transport guests/volunteers to the tennis center from designated parking lots
- Drive to pick up volunteer food, if applicable during shift
- Drive SUV to local gas station to refuel as needed, payment will be provided by event staff
- Outgoing and courteous personality with the ability to interact with guests while shuttling to location
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License and car insurance
- Must be comfortable driving a larger SUV on University of Tennessee campus
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Event staff and/or volunteer from previous shift will drive with the incoming shuttle driver to show the shuttle routes and specific parking lot the driver should check while on their shift. Short informative meetings regarding Knoxville Challenger volunteer positions will take place Friday, November 4 and Sunday, November 6, lasting about 30 minutes. Volunteers have a choice of which session they would like to attend. The meetings will include a brief tour of the facility, distributing volunteer shirts, and meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
Event schedules and tasks vary based on event needs. While volunteers may sign up for a specific task, event staff reserve the right to reassign volunteer positions to fill event gaps.