Dining room attendants will be present during lunch and/or dinner and will help to ensure the sponsor dining room is stocked with drinks and ice, bus tables, pull trash, and help maintain the cleanliness while sponsors are present.
- Ensure drinks are stocked and properly iced during lunch/dinner
- Clean up and bus tables as needed as sponsors finish lunch/dinner
- Assist caterer to ensure buffet line is stocked and clean
- Clean up dining room when lunch/dinner concludes
- Outgoing and courteous personality with the ability to interact with sponsors as they arrive in the sponsor dining room to eat lunch and/or dinner
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to bend over to pick up items
- Must be comfortable/willing to do the responsibilities listed above
Event staff will explain specific details for this position upon arrival. Short informative meetings regarding Knoxville Challenger volunteer positions will take place Friday, November 4 and Sunday, November 6, lasting about 30 minutes. Volunteers have a choice of which session they would like to attend. The meetings will include a brief tour of the facility, distributing volunteer shirts, and meeting with the volunteer coordinator.
Event schedules and tasks vary based on event needs. While volunteers may sign up for a specific task, event staff reserve the right to reassign volunteer positions to fill event gaps.